Do you have an organisational challenge which you’d like external support to solve? Do you want the process of finding the solution to be transparent, giving staff across your organisation a say in what the solution could be?
As part of our innovation pilot we will be supporting one member with an internal improvement challenge throughout June and July.
Your organisation will be supported to:
- CLEARLY DEFINE an organisational challenge and share it with your staff in a safe, digital space
- CAPTURE IDEAS created by your employees that are solution focused
- MANAGE IDEAS into impact through a transparent process, quickly and easily
The benefits of participating:
- Reduce the time, cost and risk associated with solving your challenge by using the innovation process to identify simple changes or the ‘big idea’
- Give all employees a voice to help solve your challenge
- Provide a high-value development opportunity for staff, with full support from the CHC Alcemi team and innovation management specialists Simply Do Ideas.
We are looking for organisations who are open and committed to trying new things and would involve staff across your organisation. If you are successful, you’ll have the support of CHC’s Alcemi team to take you through the process. We’ll share tools and techniques with you along with granting your organisation free access to Simply Do’s innovation portal as part of the process.
So, what next?
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, a representative from your organisation must:
- Attend a briefing event from 2-3pm on Thursday May 6 2021. Book your place here
- Complete a short Expression of Interest (EOI) form which will be provided at the end of the briefing event.
If selected, your organisation will be required to:
- Host a Challenge Hack workshop which will be supported by the CHC Alcemi team and Simply DoIdeas (c.60 mins) on the 7th, 8th or 10th June 2021. Attendees should include a representative from your senior leadership team, communications, IT, finance and service team(s) (where applicable).
- Support organisation-wide engagement throughout the lifecycle of the challenge (c.4 weeks)
- Nominate a colleague as your Innovation Champion who can:
- Allocate c.2-hours per week for 6 weeks to manage the challenge
- Act as the first point of contact for the CHC AlcemiInnovation team.
What is an innovation champion?
Typically, an innovation champion has:
- Good digital capabilities, with the ability to support others
- Passion and motivation to deliver positive change
- Good communication skills, both face-to-face and written, including with individuals at all levels within your organisation
- Strong interest in ideas, innovation and/or technology
How will the CHC’s Alcemi team decide which organisation to support?
Following submission of your EOI we will invite you to complete a short online Innovation Health Check which will be used to support the selection process.
The chosen organisation will also need to meet the following criteria:
- Willing to work on a challenge that relates to the core business of housing associations
- Willing to share your experience and solution with colleagues across the sector
- Available to host, attend and fully participate in the Challenge Hack on the 7th, 8th or 10th of June 2021
- Commit to the time commitments during the lifecycle of the challenge
- Identify an ‘Innovation Champion’ that meets the criteria
For further information, please contact email@example.com